Due to an expansion at their facility located in the West of Ireland, our client has an immediate required for a Project Manager. Working as part of our growing team on-site, the Project Manager (PM) will report to the in-house Engineering Manager and Stericycle GxP Senior Management.
Please note that you must be a certified PMP (Project Management Professional) with Life Science Industry experience to be considered for this role.
- Responsible for management and completion of a new product line
- Responsible for keeping all internal and external stakeholders informed on project status.
- Responsible for coordination and leadership of multi-functional team.
- Required to manage, coach, mentor and develop personnel on team.
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering/Science or similar technical field from an accredited college or university
- 10 years’ experience in manufacturing industry with exposure to medical devices & catheter technology a distinct advantage.
- 5+ years in project management/leadership capacity with responsibility for coordination of resources and facilities for projects.
- Proven examples of leading projects with customer involvement, proven examples of managing/leading production ramp /scale up projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular focusing on working with customers and the leadership of teams. The person will have previous exposure to working with and meeting customer expectations.
- Experience of validation (product and/or process) and new product to production transfers an advantage.
The Ideal Candidate
- Manage the introduction of the new product line from process development, line scale up, process validation, production ramp and hand off the new product line to the operations team in line with agreed performance targets.
- Lead project team to deliver project against agreed milestones
- Manage project scope (Schedule, cost, quality), change and technical management of project project.
- Communicate project status, performance and risks to the management team.
- Required to lead a core team of technical resources; this includes coaching and coordinating the project team in pursuit of project objectives, including time management, resource management, design technical solutions, and project risk management.
- PM will have the responsibility for customer interaction specific to the project.
- PM ensures through clear communication with the customer, that both explicit and implicit customer requirements are well understood and taken into account.
- Drive project improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tools, Six Sigma, design experimentation for process and equipment, to achieve targets and manufacturing costs.
- Partner with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal cross-functional teams to deliver project goals. Build and maintain a network of relationships in all Functions (R&D, Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Quality and manufacturing).
If you would like to join our team of the top engineering and project management experts in the regulated industry, please click on the apply button.
Alternatively, to apply for a job, you may post your CV to:
Stericycle GxP Solutions
North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork
About the Company
Stericycle GxP Workforce provide the best engineering experts in their field; experts who like the variety and challenges of working in new and innovative environments; who get the job done and have pride in their achievements.
Located in Cork, Ireland and with customers across global sites, we can offer our Engineers a great place to work with excellent working conditions. Our customers are responsible for some of the most significant medtech & pharmaceutical products of our time, so the projects that our people work on can directly affect patients and improve their quality of life.