Our customer, a market leader in medical device manufacturing and with a significant presence in Ireland across a number of different sites, has a need for an experienced Process Development Engineer to join the team.
Working at the customer site in Munster, the Engineer will report both to the on site Engineering Manager and Stericycle GxP senior management.
The Process Development Engineer will be responsible for providing mechanical engineering support in the creation and the development of new medical device products & processes (invasive and non-invasive). Interfaces with Design, Quality and Manufacturing organizations to integrate new products or processes into production.
- Technical Degree, Honours Degree Level 8 on NFQ, qualified in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc.
- Experience with FMEA’s, validations and problem solving toolkits desirable
- Previous experience in medical device manufacturing
The Ideal Candidate
- Researches, develops, designs, and evaluates mechanical and electro-mechanical materials, components, assemblies, processes and/or equipment
- Plans, executes & documents equipment & Process validations
- Conducts feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality.
- Develops new concepts from initial design to market release.
- Directs support personnel and coordinates project activities.
- Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
- Reviews or coordinates vendor activities to support development.
- Initiates and completes technical activities leading to new or improved products or process, for current programs, next generation programs and to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company. Prepares reports, publishes, and makes presentations to communicate findings
- Analyzes and solves problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems which require novel and new innovative approaches or a major breakthrough in technology
- Understands engineering principles theories, concepts, practices and techniques. Develops knowledge in a field to become a recognized leader or authority in an area of specialization and applies this knowledge in leadership roles in the company
- Incorporates business policies and procedures into task completion. Understands the business needs of the company, and has knowledge of the customer needs of our business. Understands the business cycle and foresight of emerging technologies trends
- Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks. Serves has a resource in the selection orientation and training of new engineers and employees. May lead a project team, determining goals and objectives for the projects. Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance
- Interacts cross functionally and with internal and external customers. Serves as a consultant for engineering or scientific interpretations and advice on significant matters
- Investigates and evaluates existing technologies.
If you would like to join our team of the top engineering and project management experts in the regulated industry, please click on the apply button located at the right hand side of the page.
Alternatively, to apply for a job, you may submit your CV via mail to:
Stericycle GxP Solutions
North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road
About the Company
Stericycle GxP Workforce provide the best engineering experts in their field; experts who like the variety and challenges of working in new and innovative environments; who get the job done and have pride in their achievements.
Located in Cork, Ireland and with customers across global sites, we can offer our Engineers a great place to work with excellent working conditions. Our customers are responsible for some of the most significant medtech & pharmaceutical products of our time, so the projects that our people work on can directly affect patients and improve their quality of life.