Stericycle GxP Solutions have an opening for an Automation Engineer to join our team & work with us on a customer site - one of the largest medical device manufacturers in the world.
Based in a manufacturing facility in Cork, the Engineer will be report to Stericycle GxP Senior Management and the customers' in-house Automation manager.
The Automation Engineer will be largely based out of Cork with some travel required.
- Implement system design
- Control – Develop modules to design specifications – CMs, EMs units, etc
- Graphics – Develop workstation graphics to design specifications
- Interpret P&ID drawings to ensure correct system design and implementation.
- Install and maintain Server and System components of DCS software
- Configure and maintain IT domain including configuration of networks and security
The Ideal Candidate
- Project documentation
- Design specifications
- Functional specifications
- Test specifications
- Third level qualification in Engineering, Computer Science and/or related discipline.
- Minimum of five years experience working with DCS systems (ABB 800xA is a must)
- Strong knowledge of implementing batch production on DCS systems
- Strong programming background – experience in both writing and interpreting software code
- In-depth working knowledge of S88 standard.
- Ability to work within a validated control system software environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows server and client operating systems.
- Willing to travel
- Ability to organize, plan and execute multiple tasks to tight schedules.
- Highly motivated self-starter – willing and able to develop skills on relevant DCS system
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Attention to detail, good problem solving skills, Results and performance driven, adaptive and flexible.
If you would like to join our team of the top engineering and project management experts in the regulated industry, please click the apply button below.
Alternatively, you may post your CV to:
Stericycle GxP Solutions
North Valley Business Centre
Old Mallow Road, Cork
About the Company
Stericycle GxP Workforce provide the best engineering experts in their field; experts who like the variety and challenges of working in new and innovative environments; who get the job done and have pride in their achievements.
Located in Cork, Ireland and with customers across global sites, we can offer our Engineers a great place to work with excellent working conditions. Our customers are responsible for some of the most significant medtech & pharmaceutical products of our time, so the projects that our people work on can directly affect patients and improve their quality of life.